Eleven Considerations for Seniors Before You Travel
May 16, 2023
Inflation has made everything more expensive.
It’s a worldwide issue. It’s not going away, so trying to wait it out and hoping prices will go down might not be the best idea. Take the plunge! Here are two sayings that drive that point home:
- No one on his deathbed has ever said, “I wish I had spent more time at the office.”
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
This article discusses eleven thoughts for a retired (or semi-retired) senior to consider. For example, in the Cruising section, the author answers these concerns:
- Are cruise lines careful about Covid?
- Is trying to get a cabin like trying to get tickets for the Super Bowl?
- Can I still get a good deal?
- Will I get stuck in a cabin the size of a broom closet?
- I am not fond of rug rats.
- At my age, I have trouble walking.
Not interested in cruising? The article also covers touring:
- Are airfares always expensive?
- I never liked organized tours.
- I only like organized tours.
- “Those people” don’t speak English.
- I will probably not like the food.
The key message is now that the pandemic risks have lessened, you should take steps to enjoy life again.